Friday, August 19, 2005

Words

I started reading John's gospel last night. It begins: "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God." I've been thinking about words this morning. Words. . .spoken words (and sometimes written words) are sometimes useless and idle. I thought about every word God has spoken and and every word he speaks has a purpose, is useful. I thought about how many times I have spoken words that have no purpose, that are useless.

Today, I'm going to be more purposeful with the words I speak and write. I'm going to focus on listening more and speaking less, considering carefully what words are best for me to speak so that when I do speak, my words will have a better purpose than they have had in the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home