Friday, August 26, 2005

Another Selah Moment

I had another Selah moment this evening. It happened during our small group. We were discussing solitude and silence. I told them that I really dislike being by myself, but that I thought that God wasn't providing me with many opportunities to hang out with a lot of people. That's when the Selah moment came. It suddenly occurred to me and I told the group that God enjoyed being in MY presence. I had to "Selah" that is to: "pause and calmly think about that!" I was thinking about it on the way home tonight: God actually enjoys my company. God really enjoys being with me. I was thinking about how God created me for His enjoyment. It makes sense He would enjoy being with me. It has also occurred to me that if God enjoys being with me, then I whenever I think I'm alone, I'm never alone, because He is with me!

I've been praying the 23rd Psalm for a while now: The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He wants to provide me with the Company of Himself everywhere I am, at all times. But especially when I'm all alone! I've also been asking God to show me that He loves me in a way that I will be able to see it and know it. God use my Selah moment to show me just that! Who else would want to be with me, especially when I'm alone and enjoy being with me but God? I will be "pausing and calmly thinking about that" for a while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home