Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Questions, Questions, Questions

I have some quetions about a few things. Disorder and chaos. Do you think there's a difference between the two? Can one be orderly, yet have chaos going on inside and around them? How about being messy...untidy? Is this a sign or symptom of chaos going on inside and around?

Knowing and learning. What's the difference between knowing and learning? If there is a difference, how does someone switch from knowing mode to learning mode?

One last question. It's about faith. Does having faith mean having no fear or doubt? What's the difference between doubt and unbelief? I know, I know, there are two question instead of one.

Any responders out there?

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:07:00 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I think that one can appear to be orderly and at the same time have chaos going on inside of them.

I also think that messiness and untidiness may be symptoms of chaos in a person's life. I think that we tend to want to treat the symptoms without digging for the root causes. Root causes cost something. Dedication and commitment, a deeper love and compassion.

I still don't think I know the difference between learning and knowing. Do we ever stop learning? I think that we should know things from a learning mode, in other words, what we know, should inspire us to want to learn more.

1 Cor 8:1-2 speaks about knowledge puffing up, it also says that love builds up. I know this first hand.

Knowledge sometimes causes us to think that we know more than someone else, and knowledge can help us to become prideful. I m not sure if knowing better necessarily makes me do better.

I just had a thought. What's the difference between knowing, learning, and experiencing? Which enables experiencing better, knowing or learning. Why?

Faith, doubt, unbelief? I find that sometimes it's difficult to do it just because God said so. Can doubt help you...Does/can wrestling with God help to build faith? Are we comfortable wrestling with God?

Just some thoughts...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home