Friday, January 06, 2006

A Selah Moment

I just read "My Utmost For His Highest". It's about the disciplines, Worship, Silence and Solitude. It's about finding a quiet place away from the crowds, away from the world, to worship our God. Sometimes, worship for me is just sitting in complete silence (quieting my mind, my emotions, and my heart), sitting in complete solitude (with no else around and no distractions) in God's presence, just enjoying Him. Not talking to Him, not asking for anything, but just being with Him.

A good friend of mine has told me more than once that the mark of a good friendship is when you can be with another person and not feel pressure to talk to each other and you still enjoy each other's company even if you're not talking. Now, at those times, she was talking about human to human, however, I'm talking about Spirit to spirit, God to human, human to God. And I think this is more than the mark of a good friendship, I believe that this may be the mark of a God friendship! Selah (Pause and calmly think about that!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home